The Chapel of the Annunciation of Our Lady
The village of Balzan became a parish on 14 August 1655, and the old church of The Annunciation became the parish church. Fourteen years later, in December 1669, the construction of today’s church began and continued until 1695. Four years after the laying of the first stone, construction was completed and began to serve as a parish church.
The old church of the Annunciation has always been in the hearts of the people of Ħal Balzan. The cradle of the inhabitants’ devotion to the Annunciation. The church is located in a small area between two other churches on the road bearing their name: Three Churches Street. The other two churches are dedicated to Santu Rokku and to San Anard (now a private residence).
Connect - Comment - Subscribe
Designed & Developed By: App-Raiser Digital